Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hello, Kitty

Today is International Cat Day.  I thought it would be a great time to write an update about my cat, Tiger Lily.  When importing old entries from another blog of mine, I noticed I last wrote about her a few years ago when we had to give her to a new home.  Well, events have transpired since then that have brought her back into our lives.

In the spring of 2012, my friend Jen, who I affectionately refer to as Tiger Lily's social worker, informed me that the family that adopted Tiger Lily from us was moving and could not take her along.  I jumped at the opportunity to take her back into our home.  She no longer had the problems with pooping in the house. I am certain she was doing that because the previous home owners' dog soiled the carpets and they didn't bother changing them.  Yeah, that is pretty gross.  We replaced most of the carpet in our home, and in the process of removing the carpet we found stains in places that our cat would use, as well as additional spots that she didn't even have access to.  It was a shame to discover that we could have kept her all of this time had we just changed the flooring.  Anyway, a few years and new flooring later, we welcomed Tiger Lily back home.  My children have loved having her around, and, of course, so have I. 


The saga doesn't end there, though.  We moved out of our home in TampaFlorida this past May.  My husband took the cat out to Utah to be fostered by another dear friend of mine, Rachael.  She volunteered to take care of her while we looked for employment and subsequently a residence.  It has now been 3 months since then.  We do have a place to stay, as I mentioned in my last post.  The home we are staying in currently houses 2 schnauzer dogs.  More than likely they would not get along.  Rachel needed to part with our cat as she is selling her home.  In need of another foster family, our dear friend & housemate Frank suggested a neighbor who may be able to help.  Ryan went over there to introduce himself and explain our situation.  Graciously, our neighbors & new friends agreed to help out by housing Tiger Lily.   We actually brought her to their home today.  I was able to see her for a short time, which was nice.  I'm just so grateful for all of the people who have helped to take care of her. Hopefully soon we will be able to have her back with us for good.  She is one very loved cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs