Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Since re-birthing my blogging, I had every intention of keeping up to date with it.  However, shortly after the initial posts, a deeply sad event happened in our lives.  It pained me too much to write about it, and so I held back for the time it would take. I do know that if I want to really work on this blog that I can't ignore it, and I do not want to avoid writing about the happenings in life.

On Monday, August 12, my husband Ryan was informed that his ailing mother was back in the hospital, fighting an infection.  Her immune system had been drastically weakened by her cancer and chemotherapy.  The prognosis wasn't looking good.  Ryan's was picked up by his sister Melanie and his sister Stefanie, who had flown in from California.  They drove up to Logan together to be with their parents and other sister Amanda.  Discussions with the doctor revealed that the cancer had unfortunately spread throughout her body.  His mother, Patty, asked to be able to go home.

She was brought home Tuesday, and her son Rodney had arrived from Arizona.  All of her children, as well as her husband, were there with her.  She was able to be in their loving company through the moment of her passing on Thursday, August 15. 

It is hard for me to write this.  Thinking of it all brings me to tears.  I am so very saddened of her passing, of her suffering, but at the same time immensely struck by the beauty of love.  She was blessed by such a wonderful, loving family. To have them at her side for this moment is a blessing few get to have. 

Her family had a viewing for her on Sunday, as well as another on Monday that was held just shortly before her funeral.  It was amazing to witness all of the people come to show their support, love, and grief.  Her services were lovely.  Her daughters had some wonderful readings of memories and character, her sons sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was a request she had, and Ryan shared a poem he wrote for her.  It was all very touching. 

Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say.  I have so many feelings about the circumstances, but my words fail me.  In the near future, I will compile and post some of my favorite memories of Patty Egan.  Be at peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs